Did you know you can earn high school credit for working? Gain industry experience, build your soft skills, earn money and credit toward graduation. Below are some current jobs available in the Seattle area. The good news is there are lots of jobs available and employers are looking for reliable people all the time. To learn more about how to earn credit, please stop by my office in room 116A, contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me on my office phone at 206-252-3986.
Hot Jobs Report 5/13/19 Page 1 Highlights 2 employers of the week with contact info
Page 2-4 Highlights Hiring events Page 4 link to the WorkSourceWA.com web page
Page 4 thru page 12 highlights job for 16 & 17 year olds
Page 12 thru 34 highlights jobs for 18 year and older
At TradeUp our long-term vision is to offer a free platform students will be able to use to find trade jobs (think Linkedin but specifically for trades), and i'm excited to say we have companies on the hook ready to talk to students 17+ about paid apprenticeships for after they graduate.
TradeUp currently is looking to help fill positions in the trades, below are a few of the open positions:Warehouse Position at Electrical Supplier:
- Receive and log incoming freight
- Fill customer orders
- Prepare trucks for delivery and products for pickup
- Stock shelves with incoming products
- Daily warehouse upkeep
- Process back orders and communicate with sales staff
Residential and Commercial Painting Positions:
- Cover floors and furniture with dropcloths and tarps to protect surfaces
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, or electric switch covers
- Put up scaffolding and set up ladders
- Fill holes and cracks with putty, plaster, or other compounds
- Prepare surfaces by scraping, wire brushing, or sanding to a smooth finish
- Calculate the area to be painted and the amount of paint needed
- Apply primers or sealers so that the paint will adhere
- Choose paints and stains for desired color and appearance
- Apply paint or other finishes, using handbrushes, rollers, or sprayers
Inventory Specialist Position at Solar Company:
- Keep accurate and up to date inventory of all products stored in the warehouse and stockrooms.
- Permanently label all tools and track their whereabouts
- Perform monthly (light) and quarterly (full) audits of tools, equipment, and materials
- Track and document all broken or failed equipment and coordinate with the service department if RMAs are needed
- Secure and maintain clean, neat and orderly areas including the warehouse, side rooms, and carport areas.
- Make sure all vehicles and crews are properly stocked with necessary installation and safety equipment.
- Properly recycle or dispose of used materials
- Safely operate forklift to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting
- Check all incoming deliveries for accuracy and damage
- Maintain good record of all incoming and outgoing tools, equipment, and materials
- Partner with the purchasing department and outside vendors to ensure materials are properly ordered and delivery dates are met
- Prepare and organize job kits for installation crews
- Follow up with Project Managers regularly to ensure all details related to a job are planned for
There is a green button that says "Sign Up" on the home page of Tradeupnetwork.com. Once the student signs up, we follow up with them individually to get a better idea of their experience and put them in touch with companies who are looking to hire.
Overtime Athletics – After School Sports Instructors
Work at Salmon Bay K-8 (Ballard) & Greenwood Elem. (Greenwood) this spring!
Overtime Athletics is currently looking for After School Sports Instructors who like to have FUN with kids! Overtime Athletics provides after school sports classes to local elementary schools in Seattle.
Looking for an Instructor to work WEDNESDAYS at Salmon Bay K-8 School (2:15pm-3:15pm) & FRIDAY at Greenwood Elem. (2:30pm-3:30pm). Great part-time job for a HS student!
Must be 17 or older! Must have a Car!
OTA Instructors travel to their assigned elementary schools each week with provided sports equipment, lesson plan and run organized sports & games with kids! Class is 1.5 hours each day (1 hour of class time,15min before/after for attendance & dismissal).
Pay is $40 per class!
- Afternoons Available Between 2:15pm-4pm
- Have a Car (Travel required)
- Experience Working with Kids
- Strong Classroom Management
- Basic Sports Knowledge
- Must be 17 years or older
- Maintain an Organized Class
- Ability to Lead, Organize & Monitor Sports Games well with Children
- Ability to Control a Group of Elementary Students
- Required Knowledge of Basic Sports
- Have an Energetic, Enthusiastic, and Fun Attitude
Contact Overtime Athletics Today! Email: email@example.com
2020 Census Taker Jobs
We are getting the word out about jobs available for the 2020 Census. These well-paying, temporary, flexible positions are available now and will continue throughout the next year. As you know, having an accurate count is essential for fair representative government and the data will be used in big funding decisions, from education to healthcare, to social services. It’s a big project and we need lots of people involved.
These jobs are available now for 18-year olds. 17-year olds are encouraged to apply so that they are in recruiting “queue” over the next year and when they turn 18, the census may contact them.
Census Job Information Page
Sri Bella Help Wanted
Local, fresh, global-inspired food company
- We make delicious ready to eat meals
- Sold at Amazon Go stores
- Looking for happy and energetic people to join our team—starting at $15/hr.
- Prep cooks, packers, labelers, delivery drivers
- Maple Leaf neighborhood
- Part time shifts with early morning start times
- Fun environment
Text Bella @ 206-596-5024 for more information.
Pedalheads hiring high school students as Instructors for kids bike summer camps
Work outdoors and teach kids and families to ride bikes safely
Ages 15+ can apply
June to late August
Hours 9am-4pm, daily, Mondays to Fridays
Arena Sports Coach
Provide a safe, fun, friendly, and structured environment for Lil’ Kickers participants. As a Lil’ Kickers coach, you will be responsible for groups of kids, ages ranging from 18 months to 12 years old, during Lil’ Kickers and Skills Institute classes, leading them in different soccer activities and development games while providing a safe environment for all. Coaches need to be professional, great communicators, organized, safe, able to manage behaviors, and of course fun.
Arena Sports Jobs Page
Northwest Sports Video
Do you like sports? Northwest Sports Video is looking for a High School Junior or Senior to take videos of local games. A car and drivers license are required, all equipment will be provided. The season starts in a few weeks so apply as soon as possible. Contact Mr. Hartley for more details.
Northwest Sports Video Application
Caddying at Seattle Golf Club
Currently, the Seattle Golf Club is one of the only facilities in King County with an active caddie program. They invite all young people age 14+ to join, with positions available throughout the summer. Attend one informational session at the club to learn more and get enrolled. For more information, contact Doug Doxsie at Seattle GC at 206-363-8811 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Orientations @ Seattle GOlf Club
Saturday, March 24 4:00-5:30 pm
Saturday, April 14 4:00-5:30 pm
Saturday, April 22 4:00-5:30 pm
Wednesday, April 25 5:30-7:00 pm
Saturday, May 5 4:00-5:30 pm
No signup necessary. Just dress in proper golf attire!
Seattle Golf Club Caddie Program
TGA Premier Junior Golf and Tennis runs a national junior golf and tennis program that specializes in at-school after school golf or tennis enrichment classes for elementary school students. All enrichment classes take place on school campuses during the after school time period, usually starting between 1:00pm-4:00pm, and lasting one hour.
- Must be enthusiastic and love working with children
- Ability to step out of your comfort zone and be a kid
- Available in the afternoon at least 3 days per week and have a reliable source of transportation
- Experience working with children
- Passion for golf or tennis & physical fitness
- Previous golf or tennis instruction experience is not required just a passion for the games of golf or tennis; TGA provides curriculum training
This position is ideal for part-time workers, retirees, high school & college students, stay at home moms, teachers and anyone else with a flexible schedule and passion for working with kids!
Illumination Learning Studio Summer Camp Assistant Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Assist in running successful daily schedule & activities
- Participate in activities with students
- Maintain saftey of students in and out of studio
- Greet parents and students arriving to and from camps
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of studios
- Encourage the learning and proper behavior of students
Education and Skills Required
- Prior experience in education and care of elementary aged students
- Have passion for high-quality early childhood education and cultural arts
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in handling student relations
- Ability to engage and further educate students
- Ability to contribute in a positive manner
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Experience in childcare or education
- Be self-motivated, organized and open-minded
- Ability to work independently or with supervisors and staff
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner with supervisors and students
Greenwood – 7720 Greenwood Ave N Suite 101, Seattle, WA 98103
Locks- 2821 Nw Market St Suite B Seattle, WA 98107
Ballard – 5501 8th Ave NW Seattle, WA 98107
Camp Hours: 7:45am- 6pm
Full Time- 36-40 hours per week
Part Time- 15-36 hours per week
Applicants will need to submit a resume and cover letter. Contact Ms. Monfils for more details.
Lifeguard Northridge Swim Club
This is a summer job that runs from May 24 – Sept 3.
Salary: $12 per hour – May be subject to change depending on experience. Requirements:
- Open all week with times that range between 11am-10pm.
- Must have: Current Lifeguard Certification
- Current First Aid / CPR Certification
- Must display maturity and leadership
- Must be willing to learn how to do simple chemical check and pool clean up