Hurry! Get tickets now for You Can't Stop The Beat 2017
Online ticket purchases are closed. Tickets will be available at the door for $30 each.
Show your support for the Performing Arts at Ingraham High School by attending the You Can't Stop The Beat talent showcase, our major fundraiser of the year.
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 7:00pm
- Shoreline Conference Center, 18560 1st Ave NE, Shoreline, WA map
- Student performances—drama, instrumental and vocal music!
- Light hors d'oeuvres
- Beer and wine available for purchase
- Raise the paddle and dessert dash
- Please help us make this a successful event by signing up to help at the event and/or to bring a dessert.
Tickets are on sale now!
Unable to attend?
Please consider making a donation instead.
Looking for Ways to Support the Performing Arts at Ingraham?
Join the Ingraham Performing Arts Boosters!
Our purpose is to promote a vibrant and growing performing arts program at Ingraham High School. We support the drama program and our concert choir, jazz choir, wind ensemble, jazz band, concert band, chamber orchestra, symphony orchestra, and color guard by:
- Fundraising to support all our performing arts programs. Here’s a sampling of how our fundraising efforts have directly benefited Ingraham students:
- Upgrades to the auditorium’s sound system & a new spotlight
- A set of risers for the choir
- New band uniforms
- Tap-dance coaching for drama students
- Repairs & renovations to orchestra and band instruments
- Musicians’ chairs for 100 students
- A set of tympanis, a cello, string bass, and percussion equipment
- Scholarships for trips
- Providing hospitality and logistical support before and during concerts and performances
- Organizing social events to build community within the performing arts department, such as the summer picnic
- Chaperoning and handling logistics for competitions and trips
- Providing direct financial assistance for teachers’ projects and needs
- Communicating timely information to families about performing arts programs
- Managing fundraisers that help students raise money for their own program-related expenses
All parents and guardians of students in the performing arts are welcome, and you become a voting member once you sign the membership log. We meet once a month, usually on the first Tuesday of the month, at 7 pm in the band room. Coming to meetings is a great way to meet other Ingraham families and to hear directly from the teachers.
2016-17 Booster Meetings: 10/4, 11/1, 12/6, 1/3, 2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 5/2. 7-8:30 p.m. in the Band Room. All are welcome!
We’d love to hear from you, and we always need volunteers. To make sure you receive notices of upcoming Performing Arts events and booster activities, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Ingraham Performing Arts Boosters
Dear Performing Arts Families,
Welcome to another year of dynamic performances from Ingraham’s actors, singers, instrumentalists, and color guard members. My name is Shelley Imel, and I’m the new president of the Ingraham Performing Arts Boosters (IPAB), celebrating its 13th year of supporting performing arts education at Ingraham High School. Also serving on the board for the 2016-2017 school year are Nathalie Farage, Vice President; Bob Ulrich, Treasurer; Sally Hiserman, Secretary; Kathleen Meehan-Lorenzo, Communications Chair; Ann Weber & Robin Anex, Fundraising Co-Chairs; Jim Wehmeyer, Volunteer Coordinator; and Erin Branigan, Drama Liaison. We’re looking for a liaison for the color guard, choir and orchestra programs. Please let me know if you’d be interested in attending Boosters meeting to represent the specific needs/interests of our color guard, choirs or drama productions.
On behalf of the board, I invite you to help us enhance and enrich the performing arts education offered to students at Ingraham High School. Getting involved with IPAB is an ideal way to meet other families, stay connected with the school community, interact with some great students, and have fun! Any contribution of time or money will make a positive difference to our students. We are an affiliate of the Alliance for Education, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and donations to “AFE / Ingraham Performing Arts Boosters” are deductible as a charitable contribution to the extent allowed by law. We also encourage you to apply for matching funds if available from your employer.
How can you boost the performing arts at Ingraham?
- Attend a Boosters meeting: 10/4, 11/1, 12/6, 1/3, 2/7, 3/7, 4/4, 5/2. We meet from 7-8:30 in the band room.
- Come to performances and invite a friend.
- Demonstrate your support by purchasing a PCC scrip card or a seat cushion.
- Stay informed. Please make sure that we have your e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Participate in fundraising activities to the extent possible for your family.
- Volunteer. We have a particular need for help in the following areas:
- Serve as choir, color guard or orchestra liaison.
- Design and publish the concert or play programs.
- Join our fundraising committee.
- Assist with trips or competitions, either by chaperoning or helping with details ahead of time.
- Help set up the refreshment table, contribute baked items, or pick up donated coffee for our performances.
- Sell seat cushions at an event.
- Help set up chairs, stands, and risers at concerts.
- Assist with a fundraising project that helps students earn money towards trips.
- Research grant possibilities for our programs and write grant proposals.
- Help publicize events.
If you’re new to Ingraham this year, we look forward to getting to know your family and helping you navigate the performing arts programs. If you’re a returning family, we look forward to making use of your wisdom! Please don’t hesitate to contact me or any of the board members with questions, comments, or ideas. I can be reached at 206-297-6117 or email@example.com. You can also reach IPAB at firstname.lastname@example.org